Saturday, March 1, 2014

THE FIRST WHERE THE FAKAWI OF THE TAX SEASON


One month down - one and a half to go!

As I say good-bye to February I have either done, received, or made arrangements with 55% of my client list – a bit ahead of last year. 

I have completed 84 returns, the same number as last year at this time.  So I am not behind on that front.  However that is only an average of 3 per day.  I need to double that average! 

Receipt of tax preparation income is up 39.5% from last year.  The fees have not increased, but some returns cost more this year because of additional work.  That is certainly good (although some of the 2014 is from 2012 GDEs completed in January).

And there are only 7 red-files (need more information).  I have been keeping on top of them - and completing the returns as the information arrives. 

I have 34 packages in the "to be done" box.  None  have been there for more than 10 days – I am doing good at sticking to FIFO.  I will complete these 34 sets of returns, if all info is available, before starting on any packages received in March! 

Don't be surprised if I add some additional "locked behind closed doors" days - or even a full week - before mid-March to the regular LBCD Wednesdays (don’t call me on a Wednesday – you won’t get an answer). 

All in all – so far so good.

OK - now back to work!

TTFAW

No comments: