Friday, December 17, 2010

FINALLY!

I was awakened this morning at an early hour by a delivery from Sleepy’s. I next did what I usually do upon waking and getting my coffee each morning – I went online to check my email. It was then that I learned that just before midnight last night the House passed BO’s tax compromise package by a vote of 277-148.

Apparently nothing else needs to be done, and BO is expected to sign into law The Tax Hike Prevention Act of 2010 this afternoon.

What fools these members of Congress be! What totally irresponsible fools!

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for the behavior of Congress when it comes to the tax situation.

I have totally lost what very little respect that still remained for our elected representatives in Washington.

As I have pointed out several times before, these fools have known that the “Bush” tax cuts would expire on December 31, 2010 for TEN FULL YEARS! Yet they waited until the very last month of the very last year to take any action – or rather to postpone any real action.

If these cafones had any brains, or more on point, any real concern for the country they were elected to govern or for the American public that elected them, at the very latest they should have begun a serious high priority discussion of the Tax Code in January of 2009.
.
Now the IRS can finally get to work printing the 2010 tax forms - two months late!
.
I will take a closer look at the Act over the week-end and report in detail on Monday just what it means to the 1040 filer.

Now that the idiots have resolved the tax issue maybe the damned Republicans will cease their unconscionable filibuster of The James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act, would pay health care costs and provide compensation to sick and dying 9/11 first responders by closing a corporate tax loophole, so that it can be passed.

I don’t want to hear any more nonsense about “disrespecting the holiday”. The Senate should be forced to remain in session until the Zadroga bill is passed!

No comments: