Sunday, November 1, 2009

WHERE THE FAKAWI?

I have completed my last 2008 Form 1040 (although I am waiting to hear from a CPA who prepared the Form 1065 and Form K-1 for a client who is 1 of 3 general partners in an investment before I can complete the last NYS IT-203).

I am up-to-date on client-related IRS and state correspondence, waiting for “stuff” from one client before responding to IRS and awaiting response from IRS and NJDOT on others.

I still have a GD extended fiscal-year Form 1120 (and NJ-CBT-100) to complete. And there is an IRS correspondence audit (they asked us to send them certain documentation) that is pending (client currently in Europe).

And, oh yes, a box of “stuff” that I put off till after the initial tax filing season that I finally need to get to – but no pressure or deadline.

While I must deal with the above at sometime during November – it is my plan to spend most of the month writing reports, articles and columns for publication and submission, updating my websites, and serious cleaning up the apartment – room-by-room.

I already have my what has become annual trip to Atlantic City for 2 days of year-end tax classes booked for the beginning of December. And I will also be organizing, compiling and printing my annual January 10 client mailing in December. And, of course, there are W-2s to be typed on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.

Next tax season I hope to have all GD extensions that are not waiting for a K-1 completed by the end of April. If needed missing information for a GDE is not in my hands by end of April I may decide to send what I do have back with a “too bad” note. There should only be 4 late K-1 related GDEs, which I should be able to have completed by end of September.

One of the reasons I got into the tax business in the first place was because I could work my arse off for 2 ½ to 3 months in the beginning of the year, and relax the rest of the year while it grew back!

TTFN

No comments: