Friday, September 26, 2008

WHOOO HOO! WAMU BITES THE DUST

When I reorganized my tax preparation business as Taxpro Services Corporation I opened my corporate checking account at Washington Mutual, as a new branch had just opened down the block from my apartment.
.
This morning I noticed the following headline on my Comcast.net homepage - “WaMu Becomes Biggest Bank to Fail in US History”.
.
According to the article - “The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. seized WaMu on Thursday, and then sold the thrift's banking assets to JPMorgan Chase & Co. for $1.9 billion.”
.
For all depositors and other customers of Washington Mutual Bank, this is simply a combination of two banks," states FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair. "For bank customers, it will be a seamless transition. There will be no interruption in services and bank customers should expect business as usual come Friday morning."
.
Chase has compiled a FAQ that all those who bank with Washington Mutual should read.
.
I will be going to the WaMu branch either later today or tomorrow morning to use the ATM.
.
Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is no secret that I am a big hater of large corporations. I don't bank at WAMU, but know several who do, along with having loans there.

WAMU, your an evil *&%$#@, personally, I'm glad your dead.
"Brought to you by joker products where we get a grin again and again."

So how was the ATM?