Monday, December 18, 2006

A NEW TAX CARNIVAL!

It seems like just yesterday I was featured in TAX CARNIVAL #7. And now here comes Kay Bell of DON’T MESS WITH TAXES again with TAX CARNIVAL #8 – STOCKING STUFFERS. Kay has gone “bi”, monthly that is, and now hosts 2 tax carnivals a month.

I anchor the carnival with my posting on YOU’RE NEVER TOO OLD TO PAY TAXES. One entry in the carnival answers a question I asked a few postings ago. Apparently California “Registered Domestic Partners”, although not specifically identified as married under the law, must file California state income tax returns as Married – either Joint or Separate. This status is not always a good thing, and dual-earner “domestic partners” may find that they end up paying more state income tax this way.

After viewing the carnival I have just one question – what is a WAHM?

While you are at it, you should check out the new format of TaxBlogger.org.

No comments: